Wednesday, January 20, 2010

The Truth - Dan & Claire

A thought transfixed me:
for the first time in my life I saw the truth as it is set into song by so many poets,
proclaimed as the final wisdom by so many thinkers.





The truth --
that love is the ultimate and highest goal to which man can aspire.
Then I grasped the meaning of the greatest secret that human poetry
and human thought and belief have to impart:


The salvation of man is through love and in love. 

-Viktor E. Frankl, Man's Search for Meaning


On December 22nd 2009 my wonderful friend and former roommate Claire married the equally wonderful love of  her life Dan. They had a beautiful wedding and very classy reception to compliment the great story that is theirs.

I was honored to be asked to take some snapshots at their reception.  It was held at the Museum of Contemporary Art in La Jolla, CA,and was a challenge in extreme low light photography.  But with a few makeshift napkin filters and a forgiving friend who understood the limitations and gave me some artistic license we were able to get a few good ones. And, with a happy couple, a live jazz band, and a room full of people who love do dance, how could you possibly go wrong!

(Oh..and her grandmother caught the bouquet!)



 
 
 

 


 





 

















3 comments:

  1. So beautiful, Janna! You captured the essence well of that beautiful evening.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Janna!
    You are so talented! I love when I see that you've updated your blog cause I know I'm always in for a unique and artistic treat! You are photogenic as well as creative in your own photos!
    Aunt Jo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you so much for taking the pictures, Janna! You did so much more than just take pictures and it is all extremely appreciated. Thanks a kazillion!

    ReplyDelete