Monday, May 4, 2009

Sky

I love flying. My father and grandfather both work/worked for the airline industry, so planes and I have been very familiar companions since as long ago as I can remember. Even now, 20 plus years later, I still do everything I can to get a window seat. I love looking out at the world so far away, the clouds billowing softly below, the sun shining brightly, unimpeded, from above. Here are a few shots I got out of the window on my last trip:



To the sky from the earth in lofty flight,
From the hills so green in the blush of spring.
So away with thee shall I fly, shall I fly,
From this place to a land so far away.

Softly now with the dawn I will ride with the wind,
O'er the hills through the mist on the wings of thee.
Spirit fly, spirit fly to the cloud up above,
Spirit fly to a place beyond the sky.

Spirit fly, spirit fly to a place on high.
Softly now with the dawn I go with thee.


-Folk Song






1 comment:

  1. I think that growing up flying, getting on a plane has never been scary. It is usually filled with wonder and awe and good memories! CONGRATS!!!! Wish I were there to see you graduate. I am so proud of you!! text me your address will you? Love ya!

    ReplyDelete