Monday, February 6, 2012

The Next Chapter....



And think, this heart, all evil shed away,       
 a pulse in the eternal mind, no less
                   gives somewhere back the thoughts by England given;
Her sights and sounds; dreams happy as her day;
          and laughter, learnt of friends; and gentleness
                      in hearts at peace, under an English heaven.

                       ~Rupert Brooke, ' The Soldier'

Yes, the next chapter in the memoir of my life is beginning to emerge;
come September, be prepared to be called home... 
London
(For at least 12+ months.....)
My heart awaits you with warm and hopeful anticipation. 


8 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Grad school. Open doors. Opportunity knocks. Tender mercies. God loves me. Take your pick! :)

      Delete
  2. Perhaps I should have postponed my trip to London ... but I'm super excited for an excuse to visit again!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No postponing! Of course you should just go again! And, when you get back, you can be my experiences reference. :)

      Delete
  3. So jealous! I spent a semester there for my undergrad and LOVED IT! Make sure to go to the theatre as much as possible; it's so much cheaper than New York.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What? Details please! You are Miss secretive! Sounds very exciting and I can't wait to hear about this plan!

    ReplyDelete
  5. No! Janna, I beseech you. NOT London!!! As your favourite Irishman, haven't I taught you ANYthing??? In the name of all that's holy: go to Belfast, not London (London is full of English people; the true Adamic peoples live in Belfast. BELFAST, I tell you.). Go to grad school at Queen's University, Belfast, and you'll see where I grew up as a wee boy (or what's left of it following the "Troubles"). Anyway, hopefully I've convinced you and Belfast it is!!!

    P.S. I'm really late to the blogisphere scene and don't know how to properly sign this like pambelina and Shoecrazy Sue, et al. have done. Just know that this missive is from me, Tony O, of the Church Office Building, SLC, UT (somewhat retired). Ta ta for now.

    P.P.S. Looks like I'll be signing this "Anonymous." So, anonymously yours, Tony O, etc!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Janna, I heard through the "grapevine" via your mother that you are going to London. That sounds so exciting. I have never been there but have been to Switzerland and loved it. Always wanted to see England. I wish you the best. You are one of my best memories. Hugs, Becky

    ReplyDelete