Friday, April 1, 2011

Grandma's House




I loved their home. Everything smelled older, worn but safe;
-Susan Strasberg


Coal stoves, cast iron pans, sturdy ancient mail desks, wind chimes, butterflies, rooms full of photos, walls of brick, stone, pine, and barnwood.... 
I love grandma's house.






















Grandma: golfer, swedish fish lover, woman of all trades, and purveyor of honest and unconditional love.

Grandpa: concrete worker, hunting guide, encourager, and Mayor of  Sterling; population almost 300.

Grandpa is Santa every Christmas Eve

My mother, grandfather, and I have successive birthdays on the 22nd, 23rd, & 24th of May.
Sometimes, we get to celebrate together - with 3 cakes of course!

One of the first photos I took when I became interested in photography - the hollyhocks growing along grandma's fence.
It's framed and hanging in her living room - I had no idea she had it until this last trip. : )

3 comments:

  1. beautifully done :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I want to go back home too. Such a warm loving place to be. You do great work Janna.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so awesome!!! We have the best family in the world...

    Love you

    ReplyDelete